Bimmer100_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 G80 M3 6SPD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovef View Post
That is an ignorant comment. I for instance can drive a manual very well. I was a driving skills coach for almost 4 years and have won my regions solo autox class for the season in a manual car but now drive the dct. I can drive manuals at a very high level but doing so is not what I enjoy per say. I like hard acceleration, going around a turn on or past the level of traction, trying to improve my time and many other things but shifting with a cluth peddle was never something I enjoyed. Just something I needed to do to enjoy the other things. I did hate it in the stop and go traffic I face every workday. Now with the DCT, I can do what I enjoy and don't have to think about other things.

The truth is, if you are used to the dct and know what you are doing it does not hold you back on the track and will probably make you faster. Just because someone drives a dct does not mean they can't drive a manual and they may very well be a better driver then the person in the manual. The industry is changing and it seems like most of the higher end sports cars and now coming with a 7speed. I take a little pride in being able to pull off a rev matched heal toe downshift but now I don't need to. Not needing to in no way makes me a worse driver.
With all due respect, how many members on this board do you actually believe are/were professional driving instructors? Then reread my original statement and retract what you just stated...