03-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
Slats
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M & 1997 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
I couldn't be happier with the overall performance of my 1M. It's Without a doubt the best BMW I have ever owned. And I am an Old Guy, going back to the three BMW 2002's I owned by 20.
Same here. The moment I drove my 1M off the dealership lot I harkened back to the first time I drove a '74 2002 tii (a friend's car) in 1974. It was like no other car I had ever driven. It felt tight, responsive and connected to the road.

My 1M is the most intuitive car I have ever driven. It is as if you need only think which way you would like to go - and how fast - and the car complies, almost effortlessly.

I've got an E36 M3 with a heavily modified engine (custom ground cams, racing pistons, ported and polished head, oversize valves and injectors, headers, etc.) and it is fun to drive, but I have only put 700 miles on it since picking up the 1M last October, despite thinking I would keep it for my daily driver. The 1M has a little over 5,000 miles on it.

I didn't buy the 1M to be a show-off, but I gotta admit it is fun to have the young guys who know what it is come up and ask me if they can take a picture of it.
Appreciate 0