asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
I think you are correct.

I really wish I could get another 1/4”-1/2” out of the b14. Far to low in my opinion. Looks ok but I prefer to see the top of my tire a bit for some reason.

Also not thrilled that it relies on the bump stops so much. Its nasically on them all the time. Ride is good and better the faster you go. Slow speed rough roads arent its forte lol.
Do you know if the B14 is compatible with stock upper mounts? If so you could add fixed Dinan camber plates up front, that will give you another 5mm of height. It's not going to help shock travel (and hence the bumpstop issue), but the height is a nice gain.

For the rear - again, not sure the B14 is compatible (I think it is), you can use Dinan rear upper shock mounts which supposedly add another 10mm of travel which may help your situation.

I have a similar experience with my B12 kit, the Bilsteins are great, but IMO developed for smoother european roads. On beat up/broken surfaces, they can feel harsh.

The Ohlins kit on my other car however, is "magic" it has a pretty impressive ability to just "deal with" bumps despite a massive increase in spring rate.
Appreciate 0