View Single Post
      02-08-2019, 11:29 AM   #10
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep
Drives: 18 Camaro SS 08 CR-V

I have been getting check engine lights since last June 2018. (yellow engine icon). Took to the dealer and they said cam seals need to be replaced. I ignored that and July 4th on a trip an hour away BING... same check engine light comes on with reduced power. Drove the car that weekend with no issues (short trips from hotel).

August 2018 had my indy shop replaced the cam seals. He confirmed and showed me the worn parts.

Drove the car another 6 weeks with no issues and in October 2018... yup BING! yellow engine light again. Indy shop saw a cracked hose and replaced it. On a trip Thanksgiving day an hour away .. yup BING!.. check engine light came on. Dropped the car off at my indy shop and they called with more bad news... waste gates are shot. They had about 80K miles on them since the dealer replaced them under warranty at 49K.

Got the car back on February 1 and within a week... yup BING!... yellow check engine light comes on again. I've spent about $5K on this issue in the last 8 months... I don't know what to do. Am I an idiot to keep trying to get it resolved?
Should I walk away from it? I did call my indy shop and I'm taking it up to them tomorrow morning to read the code... AGAIN.

Very frustrating.....

PS- when I picked my car up after the waste gate install the car now has a ticking sound as I accelerate. Did not have this before the WG install. Indy shop guys told me it should go away as the oil circulates through the engine. (the car sat for over 3 weeks before they were able to work on it)
Appreciate 0