02-10-2019, 06:34 PM   #4
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
I don’t know the area but I do know that having a FL residence can save a lot of taxes. I’d look to buy something just to help establish and maintain residency, even after you leave. When you do leave the state, work your schedules to be there the required time (generally half, or about 183 nights), maintain doctors and vehicles there, etc.

Read up on this topic a bit before you decide anything.
I've dug minimally into taxes aside from now losing the income tax burden. I'm fairly certain that we will be purchasing regardless of the tenure of our stay just to have a vacation spot / Air BnB supplemental income. This is definitely something that I'd like to learn more on.

For the immediate need, however, I think we'll rent for a year or less to learn the area and ultimately determine on what we will buy. No ties here locally as the house is sold and no kids. So we're free to explore, but we're also old souls and ready to plant a little. Hoping to find a neighborhood to fit our needs but not spend a fortune since we're still saving pennies for another purchase.
Appreciate 0