View Single Post
      10-23-2019, 07:08 AM   #17
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Aubele View Post
You have any data to back your claims up? You also picked up time by raising the car or something too, right?
Lol is this a serious reply? Sorry you don't understand basic car engineering. Try not to be so salty that there is more than one way to set up a car. Like I said in the other thread-- if your setup is something that works for you, more power to you. That doesn't mean that what I am saying is wrong. There is an entire thread on here detailing the dynamic alignment change for both the front and rear suspension.

Compare an E82's track width to wheel base ratio to that of other cars if you want data. Do you campaign in ASP with your 135i? What class are you running it in? 128i in STX are forced to run 17x9 with 255s and unmodified fenders because that's literally the max they are allowed to run in the class. I can't see any logical argument for not wanting to gain more tire clearance and widen the track width. Can't compete with 1M's, Evo's, and Sti's with 295+ hoosiers with stock fenders.

Here is the files section for my local chapter. You can google some of the names. I picked up quite a bit of time this year in what is essentially my 2nd year of autocross: https://www.facebook.com/groups/187806071327935/files/

Last edited by bbnks2; 10-23-2019 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 1