View Single Post
      10-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #22
Mark Aubele
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Lol is this a serious reply? Sorry you don't understand basic car engineering. Try not to be so salty that there is more than one way to set up a car. Like I said in the other thread-- if your setup is something that works for you, more power to you. That doesn't mean that what I am saying is wrong. There is an entire thread on here detailing the dynamic alignment change for both the front and rear suspension.

Compare an E82's track width to wheel base ratio to that of other cars if you want data. Do you campaign in ASP with your 135i? What class are you running it in? 128i in STX are forced to run 17x9 with 255s and unmodified fenders because that's literally the max they are allowed to run in the class. I can't see any logical argument for not wanting to gain more tire clearance and widen the track width. Can't compete with 1M's, Evo's, and Sti's with 295+ hoosiers with stock fenders.

Here is the files section for my local chapter. You can google some of the names. I picked up quite a bit of time this year in what is essentially my 2nd year of autocross: https://www.facebook.com/groups/187806071327935/files/
Don't move the goalposts dude. You said you picked up a ton of time by adding wheel spacers. So back your claim up.

He said he wanted to run 255s. I think it's a waste of money to pay that much for fenders to run a 255. If he wanted to run a 285 or 315, I would have a different opinion. What you are suggesting is to spend like a grand to run a 20mm spacer, when proper wheel fitment will accomplish the same thing.

My wife hillclimbs the car, and runs in ASP, because that is the lowest class we have for that particular car. It isn't prepped anywhere near the limits of the class. I myself don't race a 1 series, I do prep the car for her though.

What you say is usually wrong because for some reason you just want to do things different than everyone else that actually knows what they are doing. Maybe copy what actual fast guys do and you'll go faster. There is no reason to reinvent the wheel, and the majority of what you suggest on this forum amounts to that.

And probably not wise to flex on me with your 28th out of 65 placing in a local autocross getting raw timed by bunch of ES cars. I would never bring up something like that normally, but since you posted it trying to prove something, might want to reconsider doing that next time.

Last edited by Mark Aubele; 10-23-2019 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0