07-16-2018, 06:23 PM   #25
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
...only another 3k...heard that many times in 10 years of mods on this platform. Hmmm

Big power will bring a whole lot of spend. If you have the coin, go for it.

If you only have 10k, stick to fully tuned stock twins then upgrade suspension and brakes with the balance.

It'll be a much nicer car.
Yeah, I know.

In another few years of ownership of this car I recon' I could've bought a Porsche 911. (though that little bastard would probably cost just as much to keep on the road).

Bilstein B8's, M3 control arms & Dinan camber plates are high on the shopping list (I've decided not to do springs since I live on a road with speed humps and have scraping issues at the stock ride height). ... they would be in now, but I'm not really unhappy with the handling now with MPS4's and a proper LSD - it's night and day difference from when I got the car. I guess handling is a bit different in the vert - the extra 200kg and fact that you don't have a roof means it is already pretty planted in almost all situations below 130kph, and doesn't seem to have excessive body roll.

My only justification for all this cash is I still can't think of any four-seat convertible for less than $100k that I'd choose over the E88.
Appreciate 0