View Single Post
      10-12-2019, 08:11 AM   #21
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
OP your question about markup doesn't even paint a full picture. Many of us worked for weeks and months to get allocations. I personally contacted over 100 dealers put down three deposits that I had to get refunded when they backed out. It was the craziest and worse buying experience of my life. I had waited two years for 1M from first rumor to production and had my name on first one. Dealer backed out when 1M came around because I didn't put deposit even though I tried and they told me I didn't need deposit because I was a good customer. Eventually they granted me the 2nd allocation after months of going back and forth and a friend that worked for them speaking to the sales manager and paying over MSRP. For many of us it was a lot of work so when I sold mine with 14k miles and listed it less than any in the country I was annoyed when many that didn't live that tell me I was asking more than MSRP. For many of us it was more than just MSRP there was a lot of aggravation and effort on top of it.
True that, reading your story, i might have paid more than MSRP just to avoid the ridiculous allocation shenanigans that were going on. Joined the 1M train relatively late around september 2010. It was the first and last BMW for me (i have my dream car and will never (hopefully have to) sell it). Same here: The year from wanting to buy it till buying it was the worst buying experience ever.
Appreciate 0