View Single Post
      05-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Ive had a lot of suspension setups, and most of them did not meet my expectations or needs in one way or another.

The single worst mistake to make with a suspension system (if you like stock ride comfort and bounce levels) is to install springs without new shocks, or springs with shocks designed for stock HEIGHT springs.

Most people on these forums always talk about matching shock rates with spring rates, which is one consideration.

The problem is, these shocks are designed for OEM height springs. Therefore, when used with aftermarket lowered springs, they are already compressed much more than stock / they are designed for because the springs are shorter. This comprimises the handling and is not ideal whatsoever.

The best option for a comfortable setup that looks and rides great is a system like the eibach pro system kit which includes springs and matched dampers from eibach. These are designed specifically to match rates and height.

The kit costs about 675 bucks, and rides IDENTICAL to stock in terms of ride comfort, but has slightly less bounce in it and also corners a bit flatter. Match this with a good front sway like an M3 sway bar, and you will have a very good setup for a good price.

This kit isnt competition worthy, but will make your car look great, ride great, and handle a little better.

This is the kit my friend had on his 135i, and what I will be putting on my new 135i.