View Single Post
      11-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #11
hungry r
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

I attempted this last month when I got shadow code on the valvetronic sensor.

You can not install the motor with the eccentric shaft 180 degrees the wrong way, because if so, the eccentric shaft gear would not even touch the worm gear on the motor if the shaft was on the other side of the stoppers.

The hardest part of the install is actually swapping the motor.

When I opened up my valve cover, the eccentric shaft's gear was on one of its max positions. (Cant remember if it was all the way in or out)

first, I used allen key on the worm gear to rotated the shaft to play around and cranked the eccentric shaft so that the stopper on the intake side of the engine could be removed. (because i learned that the motor base was too big to be removed with the stoppers in place)

1 person has to hold the shaft with a wrench so that you dont let it spin off.
while rotating the shaft to get the motor out, the force switched on the eccentric shaft from trying to move counter clock wise to clock wise.
I was holding the shaft with the wrench and was really suprised, but we contained the rotation and the motor came out.
However this burst of energy chipped a tiny bit of the last teeth on the eccentric shaft. (o well... couldn't find that piece probably flew out sonewhere)

Installed the new motor and the shaft stopper and cranked the shaft to the position I originally found it at.

After everything was assembled, I was getting something like valvetronic actuator too much adjustment, disabled error.
I tried to clear the dme using n55 mhd and I believe it didnt work because it was still there after rescanning.
So I returned the ECU to mhd stock tune from stg1 and the valvetronic disabled error was gone when reading the code. (it was also a code that was not shown via CEL)

After that I just washed my car with my car in ignition hoping it would relearn or something.

From that point I don't have any more errors.
Appreciate 0