View Single Post
      09-11-2018, 06:16 PM   #9
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPuehl View Post
Hey Andy, I'm very interested in doing this same upgrade/maintenance over the Winter and am interested in your feedback both on the resulting braking ability and the ease of "DIY", so the more feedback and pix the better.

Are you planning on changing the color of the rotors since you'll have them apart? I was thinking about going red with mine, but everyone does that, even with low-performance OEM brakes so it's kind of lost it's meaning.
Will do. So far, pretty easy as long as you know the "air compressor and a block of wood" trick...although that wasn't perfect either...I'll explain when I post pics...lol. Digging out the seal remainder in the groove was just annoying...but not hard. Biggest issue I have right now is that I didn't put a depressor on the brake pedal so my reservoir drained into the ziplocs I have on the brake lines...hope i can restore with a regular bleed (I have the tools). I have never done the INPA one (athough chadillac2000 has a post on it so I'll bug him if I find I need to do that. )

I am not planning on any repainting(and I assume you meant calipers?)...I am fine with the grey. Was toying with the idea of removing all the paint...better heat transfer to the air!

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 0