Thread: 1M Recognition
View Single Post
      01-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #5
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Maybe it depends where you live, my experience has been the exact opposite. “True car people” kind of freak out when they see my car. The general public has no idea.

When I took my car to a local shop that specializes in Porsche, they had an R8 and Ferrari at the shop and you would have thought my car was on that level with the amount of attention, all the employees came out and looked at the car and wanted to hear about how it drives.

Same thing when I stopped by the BMW dealer, they all wanted to see the car, like it was some type of special car.

I get nods/waves from car guys, I have had someone follow me until I park and ask if they can take a picture, etc...

Going to 4 driving schools this past summer, the instructors were all aware of my car and knew it was rare, asked me questions, etc...

I will say my car has the black competition wheels, the OEM CF spoiler and mirror caps, tint, CF exhaust tips, Euro black accents on the lights, so it looks somewhat aggressive in person, but not much more than others.

I have been surprised how much respect the car gets, TBH.
Appreciate 4
Tuxedo1407.50
JP-1M171.00
1mGator143.50