View Single Post
      06-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #44
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I think it is a slippery slope to go down when we start talking about this kind of stuff. I mean, who am I to have an opinion on who can have a Bimmer? As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier. I am not one of those people who want to see less around so that I feel more special. There are a lof of trucks and SUVs that run in the same range as my 3er--so its not that "special" of a range anyway.

The 1er, by its very nature, is going to attract more people than ever to the BMW brand. That's something that anyone wanting one will have to accept....

That being said, I too agree that I hope the 1er doesn't become a "kid's" car. I am interested in it because I am excited that there is a BMW soon to be available that fits the classic description of the brand.

Just my opinion. :biggrin:
You sum it up well.
What sort of haunts me, maybe because ( probably) I'm older than some of you, is the how BMW's image has changed over the years from being a car that was financially out-of-reach for many to a manufacturer that tries very hard to be many things to a diverse customer base with as little dilution as possible to the integrity of the brand.

I think a lot of us applaud BMW for a return to it's roots (about time!). Maybe BMW will start to cut some of the fat off of the 3-er too.
Appreciate 0