View Single Post
      05-02-2010, 03:52 AM   #41
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Like I said earlier I dont get that some people dont realise that a test mule could have 1-2-3 exhaust it doesnt matter. The car wont even sport those wheels etc......sedona red might not even being offered etc..test mules......
That car could be a 123D-128I(M-sport)-135......we dont know...its just a mule so who knows.......weve seen Volvo mules desguised as Taurus....Audi Q5 in the B6 A4 avant form etc.........what about those driving wooden crate so called mule X5-X6 that we've seen a few years ago.
Those are good and valid examples. While BMW does conceal prototypes with heavy camouflage at times, it never goes to the extend of disguising the car as another model. At most I have seen and recalled is it slapping a fake 7 series like tail light reflector on the new 5 series mule.

Another point is it doesn't make sense that BMW marketing division (SCOTTXX) explicitly tells us that these are M1 mules but in reality they are something else.

I am certain these are M1 mules. Like you said, the number of exhaust can change. I also don't believe these are production mules just yet.
Appreciate 0