View Single Post
      06-13-2019, 02:20 PM   #5
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKilgore View Post
If you want to go by the letter of the rules, it specifically describes adjustable camber plates. Since the Dinan camber plates aren't adjustable, you have a very good argument that you can have both the M3 arms and fixed camber plates. With that being said, are you doing any competitive regional or national events where anyone is really going to care? Much less actually know that you are running both? Most people, even most 135i owners, wouldn't be able to tell which lower control arms you are running just simply by looking at them. But at the same time I understand you want to be fair and run according to the rules.

Regardless, run both because by the letter of the rules, you are not running adjustable camber plates.
This is a false interpretation of the rule-book. The rules very clearly state that if it's not specifically stated as allowed then it is NOT allowed. You would need to find a rule in stx or lower section that allows for the use of fixed camber plates. I didn't bother looking myself, but, if you do find a rule then you can reference it for OP. Seeing as how section 14 (street touring) is the first place camber is mentioned I don't think modifying both the top-hat for camber and the camber arm is allowable anywhere in the rule book until you get to street modified... That is where more significant suspension and geometry changes star to become allowable. STX is a basic bolt-on category. Wheels, tires, coilovers, sways, seats, battery, basic exhaust changes, etc. Yes the mod list is extensive (and lots of gains to be had for a 1-series) but it's all basic stuff not suspension design changes lol.

Last edited by bbnks2; 06-13-2019 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0