04-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

If you leave the lights stock, the yellow coronas seem to be out of sync with the LED eyebrow (as if you added the eyebrow as a mod). 6500K has a discreet blue-ish nuance. 5000K offers the closest match.
I know that not many think like me on this one but this is one of the main reasons why I decided to leave my headlights stock. Eyes and eyebrows are not meant to be the exact same color so the same can go for the car headlights; I kind of like that contrast even if that was not an intended result by BMW because it makes the eyebrow effect more obvious in the stock car. Also, none of the aftermarket products seem to be completely problem free or real easy fit. The stocks are probably most durable ones and for sure most visible, therefore safer ones under day light driving.

Yellowish stock effect seem to be less irritating with VO cars too; at least for me, BSM is the color which is most misfit with stock lights.

Having said all these, if I would change them I would go for 5000K as well, better than bluish 6500K.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0