10-02-2018, 04:14 PM   #17
RedCardinal
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
This thread saved me from losing my mind and ripping out everything again after replacing the battery today.
Same here. I've had what appeared to be an intermittent parasitic drain in my e93 which I've been trying to diagnose myself. Took it into the dealer the other day to finally get the air bag replaced and mentioned the drain. When my car was ready they told me that the IBS system (and really, BMW? have someone vet your abbreviations for crying out loud!) was throwing a fault and should be replaced - for $800.

I came home and bought the 3 inter-connecting cables for around $200 but when I went to install them, I could not figure out what the separate 3-pin connector was for.

I traced the existing wiring and it was a loooong pair of wires that disappeared into the car somewhere. That didn't make sense to me - the 3-pin wire wasn't nearly as long as wherever the existing pair of wires went...

I wedged something in the trunk lock so it couldn't close while I went to google this (don't want your trunk to close with no battery attached...). Ended up here.

Wow I could have installed this cable in 15 minutes if I had known this haha. Still, this saved me a ton of time.

Hopefully this will solve the parasitic drain issue. Hopefully...
Appreciate 0