08-24-2020, 04:34 PM   #172
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakthru View Post
I can't speak for your experience but on my 2007 n54 have yielded the results I've posted. The later the model the more sophisticated the integrated system becomes. Pulling the fuse didnt do much for me. When i disconnected the dsc/abs module I still had intervention. Cornering and straight line. When I corner theres a reduction in power and when the wheel straightens out there's a sudden increase in acceleration and power.

According to a BMW foreman and Indy shop owner, our cars will still limit power in certain conditions and no easy way to turn all safeties off since the US mandated better controls some years ago. We can still get in trouble with these cars. Just not as easy as before. They also informed me that just disconnecting the dsc module isn't enough. They claim the dme still has access to the steering angle sensor and speed sensors. Moreover, when certain things get disconnected, other programmed fail safe activates to limit the cars full potential.

Im not saying im 100% on this stuff by any means and its hard to really know what exactlyi s going on. I've questioned this many times. I even thought maybe my car has a communication issue somewhere at times because of how aggressive the system controls my car. No mechanic ever finds and issue with my car. The car seems to adapt to surface and slip conditions and applies power accordingly.
I agree that it can cut power with DSC disabled. The DME is separate from the DSC and has the wheel speeds available to it. I didn't agree with where I thought you were saying it was applying brakes with the DSC disabled via fuse as that is physically impossible.

It's possible you may have engine power reduction enabled still and it's cutting power to prevent brake fade. That needs to be coded off.

Last edited by WDE82; 08-24-2020 at 04:40 PM..
Appreciate 0