View Single Post
      11-21-2020, 06:59 AM   #173
Chris N
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2c

Very interesting read here.

I just installed a 3-plate diffsonline LDS in my 2011 128i in preperation for more track time next season. I knew part of this upgrade would require some coding. Alex@Alpine did remote coding on my M4 so I reached out to him, but at the same time I am toying with doing it myself since I don't know of a local source. I really have no experience coding cars.

Few questions:
Is this really as simple as installing NCS Dummy onto a laptop, plugging into the OBDII and follow some the desired changes listed in this thread?
Is there a chance that I might cause perminent damage?
Am I able to reverse settings back to OEM if I screw something up?
Any of you with coding experience live in OH?

In watching Alex code my M4 it didn't seem crazy difficult, but I think he had a popular programming software programming tool. He remoted into my laptop, saved my original programming, made my requested changes and initiated the download from my computer into my car....all while texting me when turn on and off the key, seat belt, cable connections, etc. Alex was is very proficient with the late model M cars.

Thank you in advance for your guidence... Assuming there are some of you still playing around with these now getting older BMWs.

Last edited by Chris N; 11-21-2020 at 07:07 AM..
Appreciate 0