View Single Post
      03-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #8
fe1rx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 328i, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
Nice thread, I look forward to any updates.

Regarding your camber settings. From reading, sounds like this will be how you will run for both street and track? If yes, do you have expectations about tire wear? I'm curious, as I just installed the same plates and I'm unsure about how aggressive to be for street. Any view and guidance is appreciated.
Thanks.

I ran these settings with the OE shocks and springs on the street last year, with 1 degree more negative camber up front on the track. With a bit of toe in at -3.25° you get a bit of toe out at -4.25°. The change in feel is not at all dramatic between the two. I used up one set of Direzza ZII tires last year (as was my intention). They never needed flipping and they wore out evenly from side to side, so for my use, those camber settings worked well.

I think it really depends on how much track driving you do and how long you want your tires to last. Also, if you overdrive your tires they will die regardless of what your camber settings are.

I may try a one-size fits all front camber (-3.25°) this year, with zero toe. That will depend on how it feels with the stiffer springs. I am thinking that with the expected reduced body roll, I may not need quite as much as previously on the track.

If you have gone to the bother of getting camber plates, I wouldn't suggest less than -2.5° up front.

When I get to the front, I will have a closer look at the effect of changing camber on toe (without adjusting the tie rods). I believe though that more than 1° camber change between street and track settings will result in excessive toe out for the track setting.
Appreciate 0