Beachtown Bill Collector
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
1999 Lexus LS400  [0.00]
1985 BMW 325e  [0.00]
I've definitely got some pretty strong feelings about this. I am not an original owner, but I've been a member of this board since I first considered purchasing a 1-series, and I previously owned 6 other BMWs and an Audi S4, all of which seemed to be a bit past their prime in one way or another. I've been through the ringer in terms of maintenance, repairs, and everything you can imagine, all of which makes me incredibly appreciative of my 135i which I worked very hard to get. I've easily spent the cost of my 135i in maintenance and nonsense on my previous cars, so it's a really nice thing to own a car that hardly needs anything that's only driven when I want.

My birth year definitely makes me a millennial, but I have very little in common with with what the term implies in popular vernacular. One thing I've definitely noticed which I'd like to emphasize are the 135i Facebook groups. I joined two at some point over the past year and they are downright awful. They are full of millennials and if you aren't interested in tuning your engine within an inch of it's life, don't bother joining. I was lambasted and physically threatened with violence for articulating my position on the N55/N54 debate. It seems like a lot of the 2nd and 3rd owner's of these cars bought them for one purpose: to modify and beat the hell out of. I've seen the same thing on the E36 and E46 forums, but I fear it's even worse with the 135i because of the tuning potential of the turbo engines. This forum remains a welcome relief compared to the discussions on the Facebook groups.

2012 BMW 135i Space Grey Metallic M-Sport DCT Dinan S2
Appreciate 3