04-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
McReary
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmxomar View Post
ahhhhh... you made the same mistake i did the first time through... REMOVE THE SHARK FIN !!!!!!

it makes things so much easier trust me hahaha. Not to mention it will come out PERFECT, then while your fin is off, cover that in the same vinyl also so that that it matches exactly.

Also, you should have REMOVED those 2 side pieces where the roof rack goes. they pop out really easy so you dont have to waste you time tucking them under that stupid rubber. while those 2 pieces are off cover them separate also.
I thought about removing the fin, but I couldn't get much information on how to do it anywhere. There's a DIY guide here (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=34388), but it was for the e46 M3, which has a different shark fin setup I think ?
If you can fill us in on a small set of instructions to removing the shark fin that would be awesome and I can adjust the diy accordingly! I thought I'd have to deal with polyurethane glue or something so I figured it was going to be a hassle, but I would definitely be interested in redoing the vinyl with no shark fin to hassle with even more this time around

Also the side "x" parts from my diagram (I don't know what to call it...) is what you suggested that can pop out? Any set of instructions for that? I think if there's no name for it, we can refer to it as the ski rack railing. If that can pop out easily, I can see how you can tuck the roof vinyl under it, and just separately vinyl the railings and pop them back in. Cool! Thanks for the info and suggestions!
Appreciate 0