05-20-2018, 02:31 PM   #26
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
Mine was an N52.

Did you cross check the part numbers? MAP sensor is the same N51 and N52 plus many others.
I'm not sure what to cross-check against. RealOEM shows the same part numbers for N51 and N52. There have been several variations of this part over the years. The part on my car now is 7585278. This has been superceded by 13628617097, then that was superceded by 13628657300. Each of these is called "Differential pressure sensor" in RealOEM, the ECS site, Turner's site, and FCPEuro. I think some people are using the term MAP in lieu of "differential pressure sensor" because it's shorter and people are more familiar with MAP sensors. However, the sensors read opposite of one another. As pressure increases in the manifold, MAP would show an increase but a DPS would show a decrease and vice versa.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...&q=13628617097

INPA shows "saugrohrdruck" as 0 with engine off. At idle it is 4-5. If I stab the throttle, it drops to zero, then increases to 8 and backs down to 4-5 again as the RPMs drop. This behavior is correct for a differential sensor (basically a manifold vacuum sensor). However, the green range in INPA is 0 to 255 so my readings are at the extreme low end of the scale, which might point to a vacuum leak. But the car runs perfectly with adaptations reset so I'd think it is not a vacuum leak or other mechanical problem.
Appreciate 0