scorcherjf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
hey thanks! so how did you tuck your drop?? cut your fenders inside?
No, I don't recommend cutting the fenders. No matter how good they do it, it might cause rust problems down the line. Rolling is probably the best way to go, and use a proper rolling tool with a heat gun, not a baseball bat or a pipe, that just chips up your paint.

Your front looks ok, but your rears look like they'll be the problem. You're way jacked up in the back so if you're not rubbing already, when you lower your rears an inch or so it probably will. With your offset and tire size you're pretty close to what I have, which was a bitch to fix. I used to rub all the time, and it was pretty annoying. I had my rears rolled twice, and had some negative camber put in (-1.5 degrees or so should do), and I had to set my suspension to a little firmer than what I had. Although I'm not sure what suspension setup you have. If it's coilovers, set them to a firmer setting.

Safe to say now I'm rub free, even with 4 people + crap in the car. Although YMMV since you have 265 vs my 255, but your offset is 45 and mine is only 40.

As for the fronts, I hope you're not rubbing because there's not much you can do about it except trimming the inner plastic a little, but that's kind of pointless since you can just let the tire rub it down anyway. Again, it's just plastic so there won't be any rust issues. Maybe negative camber, I put -0.9 up there I believe.

edit: just read you have 40's in the rear... I know it sucks since you already have the tires but I'd try and get 35's in the back if at all possible. 40 will just make the diameter too big, and hence more rubbing.