03-30-2011, 11:20 PM   #65
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalfitano View Post

Not that seats are in my future for this year, but is it as simple as anything that works for the e9x works for the one? Machtschnell does a floormount, and corbeau has a bracket for the e9x, Sparco and Recaro brackets don't seem to have modern Bimmers listed, and i'm curious if people have kept their seat belt receptacles with the new seats. Macht Schnell has a $50 bracket that'll let the receptacle mount up to it, but in general, the thought that $275 of macht schnell mounting hardware, +$100 for a slider and another $110 for the side mounts, all BEFORE the actual seat is purchased... seems ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalfitano View Post
where instead it sounds like the corbeau bracket is a catch-all slider floormount combo, and the seats mount direct to that as opposed to an additional sidemount, making it $90 of hardware + seat instead. Just a little bit of a difference between $400, figure out the seat belt mounting and i'm done and as opposed to more than that for just the hardware, +1000 for a recaro or $800 for a sparco.

I guess i should just find out how uncomfortable the corbeaus are and see if the extra 1000 is worth it. I'd think i'd want a reclining seat in the passenger side if i'm going to pretend to use the car daily anymore...
I have a set of Corbeaus (TRS's) and they feel pretty good. I was going to order them from soloracer.com, but I ended up finding a used set on ebay for 200 bucks . They didn't come with sliders or brackets though. So I called Corbeau and ordered the sliders and had them check on brackets. I measured my holes, and yes the E9X brackets fit. The only problem is that the brackets are a "special order" item. They said I would be the first to even order them. I canceled after they said it is a 4-6 week lead time.

So at the moment I am fabricating my own brackets to mount to the Corbeau sliders. I'll post pics in the morning,

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0