View Single Post
      05-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #28
519.E82
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Sport (Non M)

Been a long time since I updated this thread, not much happened for several months while the car was in storage, but since quite a few things have happened.

Ill make several post 1 for each major thing starting with - replacing my valve cover. Last year i discovered i had a slight valve cover leak, very minor but I hated the smoke and decided i needed to fix it before i continued driving. That resulted me putting the car into storage about a month early as i didn't want to spend the money right away just to put it in storage.

The job went decently well, took about 8 hours maybe spread out over the course of a week. Mostly took so long because I was freezing around -10°C in an unheated garage doing it. I also encountered several problems. You'll see in a photo dump at the end this job became way more costly than I anticipated. What I originally thought would be just a valve cover gasket replacement, became replace an entire valve cover and consult a professional to extract a bolt. The valve cover its self just broke at one corner, not really sure how if it was during removal or sometime before but that needed to be replaced. Next up a broken valve cover bolt. Not an easy outside one though, but one inside the cover that grounds i believe the fuel rail (can't remember exactly was a while ago). That became probably my biggest problem, but $280 later it was properly extracted and repaired with a heli-coil.

In all honesty if i didn't have these 2 expensive problems i encountered and it wasn't as cold out side this job could have been done wayyy quicker. On my last day i reassembled everything in maybe an hour, flew threw it all seamlessly. Also to note i was very pleased with how the overall engine looked inside, very clean.

Sorry if photos are huge just easier to do a mobile post
Attached Images

2008 SGM 128i - 3 Stage IM - 130i Tune - Dinan Camber Plates - BMW PE - Injen Intake - 1M Mirrors - LCI Blacklines - M4 Spoiler - Blacked 263's - Aero Bumper - Aero Side Skirts - OMGSplitter - AFE Intake Scoops
Appreciate 1
Yeineken1300.50