View Single Post
      04-25-2018, 10:48 PM   #131
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarkoDrives View Post
A little more development today with the Can bus isolation and the ABS module.

Reviewing Diagrams the ABS is on both the PT-Can and the Chassis Can (F-Can IIRCC).

PT-Can = twisted pair Red & Red/Blue
F-Can =twisted pair Yellow & Yellow/Brown

Disconnecting the F-Can from the ABS resulted in the same 4800 RPM rev limit but kept the speedometer reading on the kombi. But otherwise all the desire effects retain inherit abs, without any traction or e diff electoronic programs.

what's interesting is that for the speedo, the wheel speed goes from the ABS wheel speed sensor to the DME over PT can and then the DME sends it over F-Can for the Kombi display. -I had assumed that the ABS would be sending the speed directly to to kombi over f- can.

FYI: the DME, KOMBI(Chassis) and DSC(ABS) are the three programmable
modules in the car.

My cohort believes that the kombi is a display-only unit and that it doesn't effect any traction or dme restrictions. having the abs send data to the dme and not directly to the kombi supports this design theory.

He suggest that the only programs active in the kombi-display-dash are purely informational such as the 'when to shift for efficient dynamics' or ' what gear the car is in' and that any restrictive 'management' programs must be operating in either the ABS module or the DME.

Can anyone confirm that the Chassis/Kombi does not perform any restrictions on the DME/ ABS?

Also Wondering if disconnecting the ABS from both the PT-can and the chassis Can will result in no rev limit. ie the rev limit is coming from the ABS module and not a program on the DME.

What was your experience when you simply disconnected the dsc module from the abs pump hydro unit? For me, i got the lights on, wipers running and still something slowing the car down in corners. Ediff appeared to be still functional on my car while the unit was disconnected which tells me the car is still using info from wheel speed, steering angle and possibly acceleration sensor. It seems like dme, other modules and programs may be working together to control the behavior of the car even with dsc module not being plugged in. Older bmw didn't rely on traction control modules alone but various parameters were integrated in other modules to control traction from what I've read.
Appreciate 0