View Single Post
      06-08-2018, 11:48 AM   #143
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Yes, this is all standard coding... Some cars get a bit more parameters than others. This thread shows you how to code most of the stuff you mention off. So, can't help you much without seeing exactly what you've changed. Can you dump your trace file here for us?

Personally, I have none of the issues you describe above. My car gets plenty sideways on a track and I've got to be very careful with the throttle. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=79

I did notice the "brake" pid showing activation at weird times in my latest palmer logs/video, but I think it's g-force based and not the actual brake pressure or switch indicator... Not really interested in spending $400+ dollars on a more robust logging system to capture that kind of data. Contact @fe1rx or someone else who has posted individual brake line pressures and maybe they can get data for you of their cars? Or, go buy an aim solo and do some digging for us all.

I gotta be honest. I've never gone to a track. I can make the car go sideways but don't practice it. I'm running MHD custom tune and xhp v3 which gives me a lot more freedom with car. I haven't found anything else to code out in the DSC module. But I don't really need it now with all the power I have. Even if I unplug the DSC module, I still get some type of cornering intervention. In my case, it's not just dsc. It's probably the DME. It's best to just let the ecu do its thing once your at the power level that lets you have the freedom you want. It's safer than just spinning and sliding endlessly. You just get nowhere.

Even the M2 has electronics aiding it.

No money to invest in the device and I'm pretty happy now. My car is powerful enough to spin 4th gear. It's just helped me to finally find out my car is doing what it was designed to do. Back in the day, the car was very easily unsafe to drive in normal get out in traffic situations. I use to want this back but not anymore.

If your getting braking activity, that's normal for our cars. Most people will never know it. You can't code the car from my experience to eliminate all aides. If I did, my car would be undrivable. Believe or not your is still getting some assistance. Our cars would wallow and spin all over the road with a tune in just about any gear.

I may upload a trace when I get time. Thanks for the feedback.
Appreciate 0