View Single Post
      06-08-2018, 04:39 PM   #145
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
All of these functions and sub-functions are controlled by the DSC module. It is a different line of communication than the DME, but the DME does poll data FROM the DSC unit via can-bus communication for things like torque reduction. If you disconnect your DSC module there would be no steering, wheel speed, or brake line pressure data for the DME to poll as you suggest it's still doing...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Z...ew?usp=sharing

I have E9x/E8x specific BMW docs but not worth the time to dig up
I agree with you on how it should work traditionally but I have a whole different experience. Once the DME and other modules lose communication from the DSC unit, other electronic protocols go into play. I can't say 100% why this is happening but it is. Some other forum members reported similar activity after coding or disconnecting the DSC unit. They get less intervention but cant completely get rid of it. BMW tells me that other modules can still see data from steering angle sensor and wheel speed sensors although the speedo may not work. Who knows! Lol! All I know is my car is driving just like the new BMWS are behaving which makes me know the software update I got a few years ago changed my setup.
Appreciate 0