snub-nose 28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SGM 128i Cp 6MT ZSP/ZPP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaesquire View Post
Hey everyone, I am a recent 128i n52 owner and have been lurking on this site and a few others for some time now. I just purchased a used 128i after owning an E46 and before that an E36.

But enough about the past and on to my main question
I have seen a pretty positive response for the AA tune and being that I have an AT I feel I could benefit from a new tune to help smooth out the transmission. But recently on some of the E90 forums I saw that the BPC tune might be a better option...

As a newbie I am looking for some elder statesmen advice. I am thinking about doing a stage 3 swap at some point but am worried a little about the reliability of swiping out the manifold as reliability was a big reason for choosing the 128i over the 135i... well that and price lol.

Any advice and opinions would be welcomed!
Congrats on getting an N52. The way to go, among others too.

Strongly voiced advice: Hold off on that tune at this early point in the ownership cycle. Defer until you and the car are ready-premature this soon

Unless you have full records, have an indie or dealer, perform your baseline service and maintenance review

Tune is soft goods, only occur after hard stuff. You're not near aquainted with hard-goods opportunities

A tune will not address the -how can I say this kindly- the plethora of opportunities awaiting you

When your hard mods have addressed the suspension, then have the 3-stage intake fitted. It's first tier before the tune

Tune now=total waste of $$

First 6-12 months: you're in get aquainted mode, and then, research-comparison-weigh and consider, then prioritize

Like a dance partner, get to know the moves, its' and yours. Enjoy this time, it's utterly unique, and evaporates (too) soon enough
m3 under|eibach 28mm f-sway|oem 12mm r-sway|3.46...135i 'auto' diff-yes!|avant garde m621 19x8.5 square|mich pss4s|koni fsd|h&r sport|ecs e46 m3 trans mts|fogs delete|tower pin mod -2.20|hpa 1m m3 strut bar|3m tint|afe stg2 cai|akg m3 rsfb|ecs trailing arms|dinan r-stops|bmwp ssk|135i brembo+stoptech slot|braided lines|supersprint rez delete|disa 3s intk|bespoke strg wheel|mudflap4x|milvs+bpc remap|alcantara trim|armrest & r hdrest delete|solid rubber mounts

Last edited by snub-nose 28; 02-22-2018 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: sp
Appreciate 2