asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia1er View Post
Hi Guys,

I've read a lot on this forum about springs for the 1 series, but I haven't seen anything conclusive about spring upgrades for a 128i M sport, which is what I have.

I've purchased koni adjustable but am unsure if getting new springs, since the 128i m sport has sport springs will make much of a difference beyond ride height. I plan to do the subframe bushings and upgrade to larger wheels as well. This is a daily driver and I'm not currently concerned with ride height, I just want better handling than the stock dampers provide and I should get that with the konis. Any other 128i M-sport drivers out there have any experience with a suspension refresh? Any suggestions, noticeable improvements in swapping springs beyond ride height? Thanks

The Konis will definitely improve body control especially over tired/old OEM shocks. The spring upgrades will provide you with further ride stiffness and lower height, really depends what you are after. I would also suggest refreshing/replacing all rubber parts like spring pads, strut mounts etc while you are in there - the overall costs are not high and you can get most of the parts in a package. ECS Tuning for example sells such a kit.
Appreciate 0