View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #17
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
My short term solution to removing the OE seats was to code out the seatbelt warning chimes for both seats using Carly. That left me with an airbag warning light, which is definitely an annoyance and probably renders all airbags non-functional.

I have finally gotten around to coding out the seats, which steered me to Bimmergeeks ProTools application which does this very easily. Coding out the side airbags, seat belt catches, seat bosition sensors seat belt tensioners and occupancy sensors for both seats did the trick.

https://www.bimmergeeksprotool.com

ProTools runs on an Android device only. The interface is very clear and easy to follow.

Unfortunately I now have 3 code readers for the BMW:

1) a Foxwell NT510 (loaded up with BMW, Porsche and Chrysler software). Incidentally, Schwaben's code reader is a rebranded NT510.

2) Carly (for both BMW and Porsche) on my iPhone

3) ProTools on an Android tablet

Bought, of course, in that order of increasing capability. I got Carly because while the NT510 can register a battery change, it can't register a change in battery capacity. Carly is a very good solution for many uses but it has quite limited coding capability. ProTools is an order of magnitude more capable than Carly. The Foxwell I would rate as barely adequate, given the better options available, but it does run the ABS brake bleeding routine, which I don't believe Carly does.

Incidentally Carly for Porsche was basically useless until just recently when it acquired some actual code reading capabilities. That said, it is far inferior to Durametric, which I also have ...

So if you want to learn from my experience and are looking for a code reader for your BMW, go directly to ProTools. It will let you do everything you need a code reader for and everything you thought you wanted to do based on this thread:

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1216642

without resorting to NCS Expert and/or third party consultants.
+1000000 for ProTool