Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BYU View Post
My wife and I took European Delivery of our 1M nine years ago today. Getting an allocation was like winning the lottery. The timing was terrible (my wife gave birth to our seventh child two months before our trip and our oldest was only 11), but against all common sense and practical considerations, we went through with it. I still remember standing in my front yard getting ready to leave to coach my son's football practice when I got a phone call from the dealer who let me know they had an allocation for us.

We didn't really have the disposable income for anything approaching the 1M, but we were optimistic the education I was blessed to get would open up the needed financial doors or -- worst case scenario -- we'd sell the car for close to what we paid for it.

I never posted a full European Delivery trip report (maybe for our ten year 1M anniversary?). There have been a lot of ups and downs since then and the memories and photos of that European Delivery trip remain. So glad we were able to do it and that we still have our 1M after all these years.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
Our first (and only, so far) trip to Europe[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
Marienplatz in Munich[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
Nine years ago today. Delivery![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
We left our 1M overnight in the BMW Welt garage and seeing our car the next morning was pretty special[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
My wife with some cattle near Neuschwanstein Castle[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
Obligatory Neuschwanstein Castle shots[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
Street parking in Karlsruhe[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
Berchtesgaden[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
Last day of a short, but amazing trip[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
Drop-off at Loginout[/COLOR][/SIZE]
I remember reading this , I picked mine up in 11/11/11 at 11:11 am, it's been an amazing ride the past nine years
1mGator143.50