View Single Post
      04-18-2018, 01:49 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

I think it is very compelling if you are the majority of BMW fans that see the bloat and weight gain OK as long as the horsepower is there to match. It is honestly a really cool car with awesome performance and very compelling. However, it is simply a continuation of all current BMWs, with the exclusion of the 1M. They call it competition but it still doesn't get a temp gauge. It is heavier and yes faster. So yes it's cool for sure and congrats to new buyers. It will remain a special car because it still has a manual offering and will still be desired in the future for that reason. Since this is a 1M forum, I am approaching it as the exact type of guy that Kay Segler targeted. Something simple, pure and focused. It is a really fast arcade on wheels. Great looking for sure but there area lot of arcades on wheels out there. As I said, the only thing that stands out is the manual trans offering. Automatic ones will be just be another model in a long line of ever increasing weight and sophistication. With every new model that comes out, the simplicity of the 1M is growing in my heart as something you can't get anymore. I cherish that I still have one.

It does bother me though that BMW uses these "Competition" label and no one calls them out on it....people are just chugging the Kool aid in industrial quantities. They should just call this something like M2 GT M2is but competion seems dishonest with the weight gain, auto driving stuff that I wonder if it will even be allowed on the track?
Appreciate 5
champignon1565.50
Yeineken1300.50
8081M40.50
JP-1M171.00
1M Tex240.00