View Single Post
      04-27-2020, 10:48 AM   #5
tehrui
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Fair enough - the valeo kit is still a valid replacement for OEM. The shifter stuff can be all stock bits to rebuild the mechanism, doesn't have to be upgraded stuff and it will still feel a lot better. The stock bits are like $50 -$75 in parts depending on what you replace. Labour would be almost nothing compared to the clutch itself.

Last but not least you can swap out the CDV for a high flow / punched out model or eliminated entirely.

These are all well understood "upgrades" that you'd be getting for very small incremental spend.

The assumption is OP is willing to put the money into the car since he's talking about swapping the transmission and clutch....that cost alone is probalby going to be close to the value of the car as it stands.
Thanks for the insight. I've budgeted everything out to be +/- $3k including parts and labor. Although the net value of the car might be $8-9k the car is solid and there is not much else I can do for $3k other than put a down payment on something and get stuck with monthly payments.

Can you elaborate on what CDV is? Pardon my ignorance.
Appreciate 0