Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassoman55 View Post
If you look closely at the pictures you'll see that the damage is actually not that bad....
I know seeing a car with the front end all taken apart makes it look worse than what it is....
the front fenders look pretty straight and more importantly all the coolers look to be in pretty good condition....because of this you can assume that the front frame rails are in good shape.....if the car took a hard hit to the nose more than likely the auxiliary coolers would've been toast...it looks as though the car took a light hit, basically parts changing...

I was bidding against the person who bought it....the only reason why I stopped at 24k was because I felt the car had high mileage....I would roughly estimate that the cost of parts and repair will be anywhere from 5 to 7k....add another 1k to ship the car and the buyer will potentially be into the car for about 32k....maybe even less if he already has some parts....

Would someone pay 35K for this car all ready to go ?probably...
being black sapphire adds a little more value in my opinion...
I prefer the white and black over the VO...

looking back now I feel that I should've went to 25K...maybe I could've won it...

Im not sure what the laws are in Idaho for rebuilding salvage cars and how quick the buyer can get a rebuilt title but I'd bet this car will be up for sale very soon....

when these cars first came out they were being totaled on a weekly basis....literally....
I fixed a lot of them and unfortunately for me I sold them all....
wish I would've kept at least 1....
Im sure sooner or later another one will pop up....
ill be waiting...
We did appreciate all you did to bring the cars you did recover, back to their former glory!