09-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #11
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
You have to remove the bolts from the sun visors (only the ones close to the dome), that'll drop the headliner.
Then you put your hand over the headliner close to the windshield and push the dome down.
In mine it doesn't even require force, just finding the metal clips and pushing on them.

Is that how you do it?
That's a good trick. I might take a peep up there just to see where I can conceal my V1.

On the note of installation again, just this week I hardwired in my V1 and Dashcam to fuse 05. Works great. I'll just copy/paste my post from another thread with more info if you're interested:

Got a pretty kitted out Valentine One yesterday and got it all hardwired in. Also finally hardwired my dashcam with an idle controller so it will record a time-lapse once parked and automatically switch off once the battery hits a certain voltage. I tapped fuse 08 for the exhaust cutout and used fuse 05 for the camera and V1. Main power from the camera is actually a direct lead to the battery so it's just pulling a signal from the fuse rather than power, fuse 05 is an ignition circuit so both come on right when I start the car which is perfect since I can keep it in accessory mode without the V1 beeping away at things and the camera recording for no reason.

The V1 I purchased came with the LE Bluetooth adapter, remote display, and an extra hardwire kit. It took forever to run all the wires yesterday so the V1 is just on my visor for now but I'm thinking of running it to the back of the car somewhere and setting up the concealed display on the dash. Need to do some exploring of options on this as I want the main unit hidden but in a good spot for front/rear detection. Might even see if I can mount it to the back seat lighting cluster. I've seen some really cool mounting ideas with the concealed display, people have even moved the guts to a gauge pod before. Excited to have some more gadgets!

Here's the two installation DIY's I followed:
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...8&postcount=81

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211933