View Single Post
      05-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #28
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
Novator, when you roll the fenders you are really just trying to flatten the inner lip to gain some space, maybe 5-7mm. Some have the lip trimmed off which gains more space. After flattening or trimming the lip some still rub and use masking tape inside the fender to figure out where they rub and then they try to further push this area out of the way. I'd definitely pay someone to do the initial roll or trim, the price you mentioned is appropriate to slightly high for rolling. Since you are just trying to work with the lip it should not effect the appearance of the car but actually you usually see an angle in lip of aggressively rolled fenders, like mine.

I've not been exposed to BF Goodrich t/a's but it seems to me that most American tires tend to run on the large side. Usually a 235 or maybe even a 245 fits an 8" wide wheel properly, a 255 to 265 fits a 9incher.

You'll rub more if you lower (you really don't need to worry so much until you lower, that's where all this comes more into play). Less rub if you add camber. Less if add stiffer springs but I doubt you can find stiffer springs that don't lower or even coilovers that you can set as high as stock.

Here's an older pic of my car. The my wheel sizes are in my signature. These front tires were Falken 225s and rears were Hankook 245s. Both pretty equally stretched but technically a 245 Falken rear would have looked noticeably more stretched. Look at the reflection of my rear fender and you can see that it's been rolled.

Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0