09-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
shiccobm
Neo
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I

this might work

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
It just happened to me recently - The one other guy you mentioned, that's probably me.

Despite what the dealership tells you, you can repair the tire. Keep in mind that runflats are technically not suppose to be repaired though so, it's at your own risk. Oh, another factor to take into account is, how much you've driven on the tire. If you've driven on it a lot, the sidewall is probably not in great shape.

I personally think RFT are crap and I am getting a new set of tires (conventional) next summer. I'm absolutely disgusted at how expensive RFT are - i'd have no problem with the price if they performed exceptionally, but that's just not the case.

Anyways, I took my car to steelcase tire in markham http://www.steelcasetires.ca/ - a lot of great reviews. Got a plug first (didn't seem to work) so, now I have a patch (seems to be holding). Cost me $40. My punctures were on center thread though. If you're closer to Mississauga tire23 seems to have a pretty good reputation.
Thanks for all ur replies , i went to tire 23 today and they said they cant fix it ( side wall) so i drove off pissed of , my psi dropped to 16 psi ... so i went to a grag a coffee and i found another shop from good year and my tires are from good year so i stopped there , just to see what can i get , i found the guy working there i already kinda knew , i knew his best friend , so i told him my story and he took a look at my tire and he said i can try for u , it can work or it might not .. so i said lets give it a shot , i am buying winters soon , but i did nt want to put them on that soon and i will buy tires next summer , non of this run flat shit. so he patched it and i really hope it works atleats for a month or so until i get my winters. The other thing , i lost another 5 psi in the process of patching it , so i need to fill it up with nitrogeon which the shop they did nt have , i will get guys posted , and it costed me $ 20 so its not bad at all