View Single Post
      04-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #45
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

It doesn't surprise me that you have that relationship with your Cooper S. I've driven them and the experience has always been surreal. There are more powerful cars, more refined cars etc. But the Mini hits a sweetspot. It wants you to drive it...

My '95 Miata was the same way. I loved the gearbox, expecially, but the overall experience was always so satisfying. Again, there are cars with more power, etc. But that car was just "right". Don't know how else to describe it.

For me, the Cooper S, GTI and Miata fall into the category of being just "right" and affordable at the same time. I am anticipating that the 1er coupe will add another dimension to that category of cars that is just "right".

The Eos is a nice package on paper, but the exterior styling is a bit awkward, I suspect in an effort to get the roof to fit in the trunk. With Eos being the "Greek Goddess of the Dawn", I'm sure the name is hardly inspiring to even the most refined gearheads and it would be the ultimate tuner challenge to make that thing look convincingly aggressive. It'll be very popular with aerobics instructors and flight attendants...
Appreciate 0