11-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #28
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000 View Post
Glad to see you finally got the conversion done! Hate to hear all the drama you had to endure with the previous kit. It's absolutely unacceptable how some of these vendors conduct business -- the N54 market seems to attract absolutely atrocious businessmen.

Bad luck about the slave cylinder. I had a bit of trouble getting my slave mounted back in the transmission as well, but after fumbling with it for a half hour managed to get it bolted down and working properly. Now I feel fortunate I didn't damage something during the reinstallation considering your story.

Anyways, I applaud your persistence and dedication. As soon as you get the transmission buttoned back up, you'll finally have that single turbo N54 tucked in a Lemans Blue 135i that you really wanted. That Motiv bottom mount seems simple and to the point -- love it. Congrats and look forward to hearing your impressions as you dial everything in.
Thanks so much for kind words. I agree with all that, this has been quite the journey but good things come to those who wait I suppose. I am really happy with the route I took with the motiv kit and the combination of the BMR exhaust and Motiv is intoxicating.

I actually got a brand new slave cylinder from FCP and plugged it into the hardline exactly as the old one removed, went to bleed the system, and it all leaked out of the connection where the hardline plugged into it. I tried everything and examined for any orings or potential causes of leaks and could not find any, so now I ordered a new hardline and hoping that it will connect to the slave with no leaks and I can get the thing bled properly and driving soon. Its really wearing out my patience but Im hanging in there and hoping for the best, ive came too far to turn around now