View Single Post
      02-02-2024, 08:12 AM   #98
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Not sure if it's still a thing, but you can share you're prime with family members. I believe there's a limit of 1 or 2, but I shared it with my mom years ago and she still uses it. They don't get prime video or music or any of the other stuff but they get the expedited delivery. Unless they killed that also and my mom just happened to get grandfathered in.
I don't believe it's available anymore. A collection of guys and myself went in on it when prime first launched. There were 6 of us - all from different households and not related. The rules were more relaxed when Amazon was trying to drive adoption. I only knew 2 other guys, lol (the others were friends of the 'leader'). In the last 2 years, everybody but me and the 'leader' lost their access. No clue why I was saved, maybe it's down to 2 like you said, and I got lucky. So for a long time we were grandfathered, but Amazon has to continue driving growth! Similar to how netflix and other streamers are starting to focus on sharing of accounts. The other thing is my 'share' used to be $13/year when we started. My buddy doesn't actually charge me, but I think prime is like $139/year now?
Appreciate 0