Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [0.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken View Post
Finished up a milestone today. Finished wrapping up the 1M Front-end. Next up is the BMW PPK2 Install, Im contemplating only going through the trouble of mounting up the additional radiator; saving the new radiator hoses and radiator fan install when I upgrade to the CSF radiator.

Also installed the F8X DCT Paddles, I feel they look more appropriate than the stock DCT paddles the E8X was equipped with. I will have to take better pictures when I get the car out in natural sun light; the lights in the garage were not making the camera very happy.
That bumper looks great man, the paddles, wheel, and gauges really pop as well. How hard was it to wrap the front bumper? Do you have any experience with that other than the other panels you've done on your car thus far? I'm going to wrap my whole front end in clear PPF when I get the car back from the shop. It's all fresh paint as it stands now and I'd really like it to stay that way lol.
Only previous experience was a summer job as a kid peeling vinyl off old box trucks and trailers. This is the first time I've ever tried applying it.

It's more time consuming than it looks. Professionals really do make it look easy. I just take my time, especially with it being cold. I watched a lot of videos on common tricks, applications, tips, etc and that really helped out. I really liked CK Wraps videos as he explains a lot of the problems with vinyl and how to fix them. Also Arlon has a whole YouTube with diy videos.

The 1M bumper was really hard. Lots of inlays, so your not over stretching the material. Now that the bumper is out of the way the rest should be a breeze like the 1M fenders were.

Clear bra may be more difficult than vinyl since it's thicker.