Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeaster1 View Post
60-70k for a car that has near identical performance to any other 135? no thank you. As a BMW technician, It's not uncommon to drive these things for duplication of complaint road tests. It just lacks the wow factor. Like I said though, it's a beautiful car and I like it a lot, but it just needed "more". No disrespect to the owners obviously.
Firstly i LOVE the 135....so i'm not going to knock it in any way.

Secondly it's not just a 'tuned' 135. The entire suspension architecture is different...the brakes, steering rack, hubs, control arms, etc all from an M3....in a significantly smaller package equates to some madness.

it doesn't have near identical performance....the 1M feels waaaaay more planted than any 135 i've driven....hell it feels more planted than any E9X M3 i've driven. It's like a butch disaster of a frankenstein beast. If you don't find it special...you haven't driven it enough. Testing for squeaks doesn't count

there is no comparison between the 135is i had before and the 1M. the 1M carries itself with a composure and confidence that the 135is never did----and when i say this i say it with great respect i have for the 135.

I've driven plenty of E9X M3s (at least 4) and never found any of them as playful, rabid, and full of energy as the 1M is. It's in a whole different category. A category all these 3-series owners trolling this thread could never really understand...lol.

i drove my 135 for 120 miles a day before getting rid of it. Now i drive my 1M for 120 miles a day.

My feeling is that the 1M pisses a lot of people off because it doesn't depreciate. I personally don't care about any of that as my only interest is in how something drives; and in that case there's nothing else i'd rather be driving in pretty much any price range.
lol I don't think there's anything that pisses people off about the 1M, I'm sure almost everyone loves this little car, me included. What I could see as pissing off people is the way some of the 1M fanboys act about other cars, like because the 1M keep their value it means it's better then anything else that is hit by normal depreciation. The ONLY reason why it keeps its value is because of the number produce, nothing to do with how good the car is, even though it's a very good car!

As for the comparaison with the E9x, none is better IMO, it's just a matter of preferance. I certainly prefer the better looking, more luxurious and more powerfull(thanks to a much more special engine) M3, I also think that, price taken off the equation, 99% of people would choose the M3 over the 1M, but you know what, nothing wrong about being in the 1%!
Appreciate 0