07-24-2017, 03:53 PM   #26
digwm1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz31 View Post
Looks like mine just failed as well

Question - ER charge pipe seems to be the consensus but I am torn on whether I should spend the extra money for forged DV or if the OE DV are fine??

er does seem to be the consensus around here, can't provide any info on the forge dv's but i do have an er with the oem dv's and i am not the biggest fan with how the tubing for the oem dv's fit, maybe with the forge dv's the fit inside the engine bay would be cleaner but the tubing they provide for the oem dv's puts the valves close to the chassis and also the tubing does not slip all the way onto the pipe to inspire a feeling of snug fit and solid clamping. overall it just felt like the oem dv's option was just an afterthought to the er cp configured with aftermarket bov/dv options. that all said i've had the pipe and oem dv's on the car for 2 hard-ass track days and 3 autocross events with no issues whatsoever, and the pipe itself does fit well, sorry if this info just confuses you more, not sure what noise the forge makes but i liked how i couldn't hear the oem dv's, which i think was my deciding factor for sticking with the oem's, hope this helped if even a little
Appreciate 2
griz31173.50