View Single Post
      09-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #21
BimmerAg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Circuit of the Americas: 2:50.40 - Stock RFT

I was only able to video the first of 3 sessions since my phone battery started running low, but I was able to get in a fairly clean 2:51.15 on my 3rd lap of the session shown in the video below. Only managed two traffic-free laps all morning being in the novice group, but it was a great experience anyway!

Third lap starts at 6:20 in the video if you want to skip ahead. Camaro in front of me almost spins coming out of T20, so I had to check up a little at the start of the front straight. Forgot to downshift into T1 and tried to exit in 5th, definitely cost me some time there. Tried experimenting with different lines through T8, but for this lap, drove straight at the apex and sacrificed some speed through the turn to set up for the quick left hander. Flat through the T10 left hand kink, and then hard on the brakes and late apex T11 before the looong back straight. Went a little wide out of T13 and then straight-lined it out of T14 to T15 (the race driver that did the track walk said this was the fastest line, but leaves you vulnerable to passes in a race situation). Coming into T16, stay wide of the first apex, and aim for the second, and then the apexes of T17 and T18 just come to you as you hold the steering constant and roll onto the throttle through the turn. Blew the entry to T20 and went wide which let the ATS-V pull away even more than he had been on the straights, haha. I really wanted to break 2:50, but it wasn't meant to be on that day

Last edited by BimmerAg; 09-06-2017 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0