View Single Post
      05-19-2021, 11:28 AM   #34
Thunderguts
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Makis View Post
As everyone says it's a PITA, I expected it to be tedious, but I was not prepared for how tedious it would be. There is literally no room behind the valve cover and it makes getting last three bolts a nightmare, even with an assortment of u joint and wobble extensions etc. I honestly believe it would be easier to pull the engine and Tranny out of the car and change the gasket than it is to do it while in there.
I got mine in without too much trouble, but I had my wife pulling on the cowl to give me a little more room. I also have close to $500 invested just in 1/4" ratchet tools and extensions so that made it a little easier too. I honestly don't think it would be much trouble to pull the cowl off. You need to remove the wipers and then I think it will pretty much pull down and off. With that gone, you should have easy access to the rear three screws. If I ever do my VCG again, that's what I'm going to try. If I'm right, it will only take around 30 minutes and greatly reduce the frustration and swearing involved.
Official BMWP Whore - BMWP suspension kit w/ M3 arms, BMWP big brake kit, BMWP intake w/Mishimoto tube, BMWP exhaust, BMWP carbon strut brace, BMWP short shifter, and BMWP carbon spoiler. OZ Leggera HLT w/ 245 square setup.

Appreciate 0