Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 128i N51 6mt M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
My overall mpg is about 28. The gauge shows 28 but my spreadsheet from actual fillup data is a bit lower.

I normally get a bit more than 100 miles before getting to 3/4 tank, then about 100 miles before getting to 1/2 tank and maybe another 70 before getting to the 1/4 mark. Then I get the light at around 300 miles. On a trip, this goes up. If I put my foot in it too many times, it comes down. The gauge is thus not totally linear but is reasonable. It probably has something to do with the gas tank shape.
You know I am not sure if I can follow that....for my car it seems as if from full to 1/2 mark it drops faster than from 1/2 to empty. Anyone else experience that or just me ? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
I get 200 miles pretty consistently before hitting the half full mark. I have never gone 400 miles on a tank so mine is going slower in the first half of the gauge. I get 100 miles for the first quarter tank (or a bit more), another 100 miles for the second quarter tank, then about 70 miles for the third. I fill up before going another 70 miles on the last quarter tank, at least I usually do.

Thinking about it right now, I go about 30 miles before I get to the "F" mark on the gauge after a fill-up. If you factor that in, It is closer to 70 miles per quarter tank.
The behavoir of mine matches those almost exactly. I've also found after a fill up, the range estimate is a little bit optimistic and I get maybe 5% less than the estimate at fill-up time. I'm not complaining though. I can typically go 330 miles between fill-ups. More on a long road trip.
Appreciate 0