Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
Attachment 2218867

Attachment 2218868

Attachment 2218869

Attachment 2218870

Photos of newfound oil cooler and the ever-gorgeous BMW Performance front bumper.

Broke 200,000 miles on my drive back to Texas for school. Did it about halfway through Alabama.

Hey Chris, awesome build and I'm in the 128i boat too.

I wanted to know a couple of things.. on the Performance Aero kit, do you need pressure seals left and right part numbers 51758046127 and 51758046128 or are those just for the M Sport. Coming from a base 128i LCI bumper (non M Sport).

Also for the fender liners I notice you have the F30 ones.. are these a direct fit or is some modding needed like the F30 brake plate? May you supply the part numbers for this or are they 51717260727/51717260728

When doing this bumper swap is a new belly pan needed or is this by choice?

Lastly, how did you get the ducting to work? Is it by routing the cooling ducts towards the fender liners?

I do appreciate any inside you're able to give!
-Roy
Sorry my inbox was full, I just got that cleaned out.

You can use the pressure seals, but I left them off on my car. They always scraped on everything and bothered me a lot, so I neglected to replace them. It makes it look higher than it is in the front, but I can live with that. The pressure seals should be same for every model and package.

The rear/upper liner is stock 128i, and the front/lower is stock 135i (for the brake duct cutout).

I didn't get a new belly pan, though I think I'll be doing a "restoration" of mine and replacing the broken ones under the car and making sure they'll actually stay attached at high speed. They kinda sag right now because a few of the clip nuts ripped off the fibrous panels under the car. It works fine. You need the "MAS Adapter" P/N 51750432379 for it to work with the under tray.

The ducting is hard plastic, and there's only one way for them to go in. There are little mounting holes in the sandwich plates between the bumper bar and the frame rail, and pins to put into them on the ducts themselves. It's very self-explanatory once you've got everything apart, and have all the parts. Then you just bolt up the 135i fender liner and it fits right up with the hole cut into it.